KPI believes that young people are the long-term solution to changing deep-rooted beliefs, and building a healthy society where each gender’s contribution is highly valued.
Gender inequality remains a major barrier to human and community development worldwide. Across Africa and Asia, women and girls are consistently denied access to equivalent opportunities their male counterparts receive, and are often prevented from accessing education, engaging equally in society, or participating in sports activities.
When you Sponsor a Player your support will enroll a KPI player(s) in our year round Let’s Play Fair, All Girls United and Play Fair Community Day programs; providing the opportunity for our youth to become leaders who can redefine harmful gender, cultural and societal norms through sport.
Sponsored Players Receive:
Benefits include: (and may vary between country program sites):
- Healthy Program snack/meal
- Clean Water
- Family food supplement (Rice, Maize flour)
- KPI Drawstring Backpack
- School Support: Medical Insurance, Lunch, Supplies, Uniform, National Exam fees
- Sanitary Pads for Girls
- English Lessons
- Gender appropriate Program sports uniform (T-shirt, Shorts and Cleats).
- Enrollment in a year round gender equity through sport educational program that teaches life lessons through our 5 PlayFair skills; providing tools for both girls and boys to Dream Big and become Champions in Life!
- Match up with a girl(s) or boy(s) from our program between the age of 7-18 years old
- Cross-cultural connections with KPI Youth
- Player card of your sponsored KPI Player to get to know her/him better
- Quarterly Sponsor a Player Newsletters
- Updates at least twice a year via Private Facebook group
- End of school year recap on your player
- Join us on a KPI Volunteer Trip and meet your Sponsored Player(s) and all of our Youth
What can I send to the player(s) I sponsor?
How often will I be updated about my KPI Player(s)?
You can expect to receive updates about your player(s) on our KPI Sponsor a Player Facebook page at least twice a year. Don’t forget to Like the KPI Sponsor a Player page so you can check it for updates.
What happens if the KPI player(s) I am sponsoring decides to drop out of school?
What happens once my KPI player(s) graduates out of KPI programs?
Lastly, KPI Alumni have access to our Career Resource guidebook which continues to form strategic partnerships in the broader community and create post- secondary school opportunities for our players. Some of these partnerships include: apprenticeships, internships, access to micro-loans, and in-country university scholarships.
What if I decide to end sponsorship before she/he finishes secondary school?
Can I visit my KPI Player(s) in Rwanda or Cambodia?
KPI organizes annual volunteer trips to Rwanda or Cambodia for KPI friends, supporters, donors and guest Olympic and professional athletes to visit and participate in our programs and special Celebrations. It’s an incredible opportunity to experience our work first-hand, volunteer alongside Olympians and meet the incredibly inspiring and resilient children that are directly impacted by your support.
Visit our Volunteer Trips page for more info.
How do I Sponsor a Player?
Kids Play International
1406 W. Meadow Loop Rd, Park City, UT 84098
You can make monthly or an annual donation and it will be earmarked for KPI Sponsor a Child. You will receive a reminder email annually when your sponsorship is due.
We are grateful for your support and welcome donations to other programs throughout the year. Thank you in advance!
How else can I help KPI?
Check out our Get Involved Page.
Your enthusiasm for our work will help us to grow our network of supporters so that KPI can empower girls and develop supportive boys so that both genders can find better ways to work, live and play together in society.