- U.S. Olympic Team – Bronze Medalist (2014)
- World Cup Circuit (as of 2/13) – 6 Individual Top 10 finishes; 4 Team Relay Top 5 finishes (2012-2013)
- American Pacific Championships – 3rd place (2013)
- World Championships – 6th place Individual, 5th Team Relay event (2013)
- Fall National Seeding Race – 1st place (2012)
- Norton Fall National Championships – 2nd place (2012)
- U.S. National Championship – 1st place (2012)
- USA Luge “Female Athlete of the Year” (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012)
- World Cup – 3rd place (2012)
- World Cup Circuit – Silver Medal Team; Bronze Individual, 8 individual Top 10 finishes (2011-2012)
- U.S. National Championship – 1st place (2011)
- USOC “Female Athlete of the Month – Nominee (December, 2010)
- U.S. Olympic Team – 16th place; Top American Finisher (2010)
- U.S. Olympic Team – 12th place (2006)
Erin Hamlin – Luger
Erin is a three-time Olympian and first female American luger to medal at any Winter Olympics, as well as the first American of either gender to medal in singles competition (Bronze, Sochi 2014).
As the top U.S. Luger and one of the best in the world, Erin has changed the face of Luge bringing a new energy to the sport. She is the first U.S. woman to win a World Championship, and she also has five consecutive National Championship titles. Already with an outstanding athletic record, it’s no secret that there are bright things ahead for this 26 year old. She inspires us all with her determination, athleticism, positivity, and passion for giving back.
“I’m so excited to become an ambassador for Kids Play International! It is so important for children to have the opportunity to PLAY and laugh and enjoy being kids. So many places in this world do not allow for that and it is such a shame. Anything that promotes having a childhood, athleticism in children, and positive opportunity for kids, I am eager to participate in! They are the future & deserve to have a bright one!”
What is Erin up to when she’s not training or competing? She loves being active outdoors, practicing yoga, and even baking. Did we mention she’s an award-winning baker?
--- Take Action ---
Would you like to become a supporter of Kids Play International? Donations make our project happen.
Newsletter Sign Up
Travel With a Purpose
KPI’s volunteer trips allow people the opportunity to travel with a purpose and experience the impact of our mission firsthand.