As one of the world’s top gymnasts, Chellsie Memmel was part of the silver medal-winning team at the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games. Chellsie emerged as one of America’s brightest talents in 2003 when she was named to the Pan American Games team and won five medals, including team gold and individual all-around gold. At the 2005 World Championships, she became the first U.S. woman to win the all-around gold medal since 1994.
Chellsie is the oldest of three daughters to Andy and Jeanelle Memmel, both of whom were All-American gymnasts. Her parents own M&M Gymnastics where she trains and is coached by her father.
Chellsie’s enthusiasm and joy for giving back is truly something to admire. Through her athletic endeavors and volunteering, she inspires young women around the world. We’re so happy to have her a part of Kids Play International!
- Kellog’s Tour of Gymnastics Champions (2012)
- U.S. Classic (2012)
- Visa U.S. National Championships: Silver Medal Balance Beam (2011)
- CoverGirl Classic: Silver Medal All-Around (2011)
- Tour of Gymnastics Superstars (2008)
- Olympic Silver Medalist (Team, 2008)
- Visa U.S. National Championships: 3rd AA, 2nd UB (2008)
- Toyota Cup Floor Exercise Gold Medalist and Balance Beam Silver Medalist (2007)
- World Championships Silver Medal Team (2006)
- Pacific Alliance All-Around Champion (2006)
- Pacific Alliance BAlance Beam Gold and Floor Exercise Silver Medalist (2006)
- World Championships, All-Around Champion (2005)