- Olympic Silver Medalist (2012)
- USA Volleyball Beach Volleyball Athlete of the Year (2011)
- Swatch FIVB World Tour (2011: 1 Gold, 3 Silver, 3 Bronze)
- Swatch FIVB World Tour (2010: 2 Gold, 1 Silver, 2 Bronze)
- World Champion (2009)
- Swatch FIVB World Tour (2009: 3 Gold, 3 Silver, 1 Bronze)
- Swatch FIVB World Tour (2008: 2 Gold, 1 Silver, 1 Bronze)
- Most Improved Player – FIBA Top Rookie (2007)
- AVP Rookie of the Year (2006)
- NCAA Champion – NCAA First Team All-American (2002, 2003)
- PAC – 10 First Team – AVCA Second Team – NCAA Final Four (2000)
April Ross – Beach Volleyball
April is an Orange County, California native. She attended the University of Southern California and led the Trojans to back-to-back NCAA Titles. With a degree in International Relations, Ross finished her career among USC’s all-time career record holders and transitioned into the International Beach Volleyball scene. April and her teammate, Jen Kessy, are consistently one of the World’s top ranked Beach Volleyball teams.
As the youngest USA Beach Volleyball medal winner from London and USA Volleyball’s 2011 Beach Athlete of the Year, April will continue her success as she sets her sights on Gold in the 2016 Olympic Games.
We’re very excited to have April as an Athlete Ambassador, as her passion for giving back shines as strong as her love for her sport.
“I’m passionate about giving back. There are so many people who’ve helped me along my journey, I feel it’s my duty to pay it forward and since the best way I know how is through sports I thought Kids Play International was a perfect fit for me. I love their mission and anyway I can help in underprivileged communities and especially help women and kids in those communities I’m drawn to the cause.”
--- Take Action ---
Would you like to become a supporter of Kids Play International? Donations make our project happen.
Newsletter Sign Up
Travel With a Purpose
KPI’s volunteer trips allow people the opportunity to travel with a purpose and experience the impact of our mission firsthand.