KPI is currently seeking approximately $100,000 in support and collaboration on the next phase of building, which includes:
- Launch construction of the Indoor Activity Facility; multi sport court (Basketball, Volleyball, Tennis and Futsal) and activity learning room
KPI would be excited to explore and create specific sponsor packages based on individual requests and level of support. Some benefits could include:
- Official sponsor of our center and/or naming or branding rights of structures, rooms or spaces
- High profile exposure of your brand through events
- Employee volunteer trip opportunities
- On going media and PR
- Association with high profile Olympic/Professional athletes
- Involvement in large scale Olympic Day event that includes the grand opening and ribbon cutting ceremony of Sport for Equality Community Center.
Be a Champion for Equality, Buy a Brick!
Help Us Reach Our Goal of $100,000
Help us build a Community Center that will educate and expand the possibilities for the next generation of Rwandan youth and our entire Gatagara Community.
Current Donations: $28,000
Give $85 / month for 12 months OR $1000 one time donation.
All supporters will be recognized on our Wall of Equality.
Help Us Build our Sport for Equality Community Center
A fundamental component of Let’s Play Fair is the creation of a “Safe Space” for program participants. Providing an emotionally safe space to have sensitive and empowering conversations, as well as a physically safe space to conduct these activities, is critical to grow our impact locally, regionally and nationally.
KPI’s vision is that the Sport for Equality Community Center will include 3 main structures; a multi-sport Field of Opportunity, KPI Guesthouse and Office and our Indoor Activity facility. The Guesthouse and office will also include our sports equipment room, bathroom, changing & learning room. Our Indoor Activity facility is comprised of a multi-sport court (basketball, volleyball, tennis and futsal) and will also be used as an indoor space to hold; KPI’s weekly programming (especially during rainy season), community gatherings, clinics, workshops and guest speakers.
KPI is in it’s last phase of our Safe Space initiative. KPI’s Guesthouse,Office and field is completed. We have also procured and leveled centrally located land in Gatagara for our multi-sport Field of Opportunity, as well as received initial design plans for the exciting Indoor Activity facility. In early 2016, the local community dedicated hundreds of man-hours to initially prepare and level most of the land for our multi-sport Field; not an easy task in Rwanda, which is “the land of a thousand hills!. However, we need to have a piece of machinery brought in to finish the leveling and grating of the multi-sport field so grass can then be planted.
The overall estimated cost still needed to complete the Sport for Equality Community Center is $100,000. Our completion date is set for May 2019.
Indoor Activity Facility
This resource-rich hub will provide incredible opportunities for community members of all ages including:
- Space for Coaches trainings and ongoing professional development clinics
- Monitoring & evaluation data center for program analysis
- Indoor LPF programming and play on rainy days
- After school tutoring for community youth and prep classes for Secondary School entrance exams
- Adult learning workshops such as English classes and job readiness courses
- Family health and wellness services provided by local strategic partner organizations
- Technology resources including computers, computer usage courses, and internet access
- Grassroot sport camps for National Governing Bodies of different sports with onsite accommodation.
- Hosting of volunteer groups for cross-cultural experiences.
Additionally the facility will serve as a regional host for large-scale sport tournaments with surrounding villages and cities in the Southern Province. In this way, KPI will be able to extend our reach beyond just the Gatagara community, and engage a wider audience in critical gender equality programs.
Would you like to become a supporter of Kids Play International? Donations make our project happen.
Newsletter Sign Up
Travel With a Purpose
KPI’s volunteer trips allow people the opportunity to travel with a purpose and experience the impact of our mission firsthand.