Promoting Gender Equity through Sport and the Olympic Values
Kids Play International is excited to start accepting applications for our inaugural, Kids Play International Fellowship Program. KPI Fellows will assist and have hands on experience in providing coach training facilitation to both youth and adult coaches in, curriculum development, event and volunteer trip coordination, program and partnership management in either Rwanda or Cambodia. The Fellowship Program allows for individual growth in areas such as international development, sport for development, gender studies, curriculum implementation, education and so much more!
KPI’s model has been designed to work deeply within a single community over an extended period of time so that we may catalyze lasting and sustainable change in a concentrated geographic area. Come meet our kids and coaches and let them inspire you to inspire others. Apply today!
- Assist and support local coaches in our daily Let’s Play Fair sessions;
- Assist and support Female Coaches in our monthly All Girls United sessions and Camps
- Assist with planning and leading events, such as Community Day, tournaments, sports and educational clinics;
- Serving as a neutralizer and creating a fun and inclusive atmosphere;
- Assist in carrying out Let’s Play Fair sessions with facilitators in the field;
- Help lead weekly coaches capacity training, including various sport training, leadership training and gender equity projects;
- Conduct clinics/lectures for local expert partners as needed on behalf of KPI.
- Create/document training materials (manuals, video’s etc.)
- Assist with office work, including monitoring and evaluation data collection, data entry, general administration
- Attend weekly programming and coaches capacity trainings and meetings as scheduled
- Serve as a positive role model for youth in the program
- Serve as a representative for the organization in partnership meetings, general and during site visits
- Maintain frequent communication with co-workers, supervisors and partners
- Contribute to KPI’s blog and social media on a frequent basis, when connection permits
- Collect KPI “success stories” from a participants, coaches, community members etc.
- Assist with development of curriculum
Note: Responsibilities are subject to change
- KPI Fellows will stay at KPI’s Guesthouse (with full kitchen)
- Compensation dependent on experience and length of stay
- Assistance with applying for Visa
What’s Not Included
- Cost of Visa